[wplug-announce] WPLUG Site visit @ Inflow Saturday April 17 from 10am-2pm

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Apr 9 14:59:22 EDT 2004

Western PA Linux User Group invites you to a site visit at Inflow on
Saturday April 17, 2004 from 10am - 2pm.

INFLOW SITE VISIT:
Because of CMU's annual Spring Carnival
(http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/org/carnival/) this meeting will not be campus.
This meeting will be at Inflow in the Strip District. Our host Paul
Painter of Inflow will be giving to talks High Availability Website
Architecture and High Availability Clustering with Linux. Everyone is
welcome, however we ask for everyone to RSVP for this event.

WHERE:
Inflow's Pittsburgh office 2202 Liberty Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Located in the Strip District More information about this location can be
found here http://www.inflow.com/location-details.asp?id=9
Parking is free but be sure to place a sign on your windshield indicating
that you are a guest of Inflow.

WHEN:
Saturday April 17, 2004	10am-2pm

ABSTRACT:
First talk starting at 11am...
"High Availability Website Architecture"
How Application Service Providers (ASPs) and Web-driven enterprise firms
make their architectures redundant, fault tolerant and available. Join
Paul Painter, an Inflow Systems Engineer based in Pittsburgh. Paul's job
is to assist Inflow customers with network infrastructure, managed
services provisioning of hosted applications, as well as business
continuance techniques. This presentation will give an overview of the
typical three-tier Website architecture and hints on how to make it more
redundant."

Second talk starting after lunch...
 "High Availability Clustering with Linux"
Learn methods to load balance Webservers and to cluster database servers
for availability. Join Paul Painter, an Inflow Systems Engineer based in
Pittsburgh. This presentation will lightly cover Storage Area Network
(SAN) architectures and how it applies to such clustering applications as
Red Hat's Linux Cluster Suite, Veritas Cluster Server. Also covered will
be methods and issues regarding IP Load Balancing.

ABOUT INFLOW:
Inflow is a facilities-based managed services provider that enables
Application Service Providers (ASPs), enterprise backoffice systems, and
other mission-critical applications in a secure environment with redundant
power and Internet connectivity.  Inflow's other services include server
load balancing, firewalls, applications monitoring and  management, data
storage and backup systems, as well as business continuity planning and
systems."

HOW TO RSVP:
Inflow is sponsoring this meeting, that means free lunch! Please RSVP so
that we can know how much food to order. Just send mail to
bethlynn at wplug.org
Please respond by Friday April 16th  at 9am.
If you signed up for this event prior to this announcement, then don't
worry we do know you are coming. If you are unsure, it would not hurt to
RSVP again. Everyone is is signed up will receive a confirmation email on
the morning of Friday April 16th.

Hope to see you there

Beth Lynn

Upcoming Events...
April 24th 10am-5pm Erie's First Ever Install Fest in Erie, PA
May 1st 10am-2pm Linux Security Double Header CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507
May 8th 10am-5pm Install Fest (in Pittsburgh) CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507