[wplug-announce] 2nd Annual East-Coast Linux Anniversary Events 23rd-25th

multiple seriousity msimons at slackware.com
Sat Aug 17 05:13:42 EDT 2002

PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS

 Philadelphia Linux/Unix Symposium + August 23rd to August 25th, 2002,
      Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Region, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
                    http://plus.phillylinux.org

Greetings,

 This is an invitation to all potentially interested parties and
participants; you may remember me from last year when I sent out
invitations to the East Coast 10th Anniversary Linux BBQ/Picnic, or you
may know me from elsewhere, or not at all.

 Well, the East-coast BBQ/Picnic last year went well drawing many
attendees from over SEVEN different states.  Right after the event,
actually, people asked that we do it again 'next year'.. and well, it's
next year.  So, here we go..

 However, it's not just the picnic this time.  For the longest time,
people have been talking about doing some sort of conference or convention
in Philadelphia, but they've just never done it.. UNTIL NOW.

 This is by no means a Linux specific event, folks with interests
including other UNIXes and computing initiatives are welcome, with a
serious bend towards Open Source and Free Software.  We plan on making
it an annual event but to paraphrase Linus, I don't expect this to "be
big and professional like" ALS, or LWCE.

 So what's on the schedule for this year? Well, a Bar/food night on Friday
the 23rd, a Swap Meet on Saturday the 24th (and maybe dinner afterwards),
and the Pot-Luck Picnic/BBQ on Sunday the 25th.  A keysigning party may
also take place at both the Swap Meet and the Picnic/BBQ.

 Go to http://plus.phillylinux.org for further information, locations, and
directions.

Feel free to pass along this invitiation to any individuals,
organizations, stores, or companies you feel may be interested.

Email me at msimons at slackware.com with ANY questions, comments,
inquiries, proposals, problems, offers, etc.

You may also join the event discussion/planning mailing list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plus-talk/

Our event website is at http://plus.phillylinux.org/

--
msimons at slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail at yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org

PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS