[wplug-announce] General User Meeting on September 8, 2001

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Mon Sep 3 21:57:53 EDT 2001

Greetings Penguin-Heads,
        This coming Saturday, September 8th, 2001, the Western Pennsylvania
Linux Users Group will be hosting a installfest for anyone interested.  It
will be held at Carnegie Mellon University's Newel-Simon Hall Room # 1507.
The installfest will run from 10am-5pm.

New and experienced users alike are invited to come and enjoy the
festivities.  Whether it be installing Linux for the first time or setting up
DRI on your laptop, help will be available.  I encourage you however, to
email the list ahead of time if you know you are going to need help with a
specific topic.  This will allow volunteers to prepare.  In addition to your
computer here is a list of things which are very helpful that you can bring
to make sure we have a successful installfest:

* Power Strips
* Cat5 cable
* Power cable
* Hub/switches
* Network Cards
* Distros on cd
* $5 for pizza
* Drink money. They're $1 in the vending machines.

If you are interested in installing linux, you should back up any data that
you don't want to lose.  This is just a precaution, the process should *not*
be destructive.  If you want to dual-boot your system (run windows and linux)
then you need to defragment your hard drive first.

Maps and directions can be found on the meetings page on wplug's website
(http://www.wplug.org/meetings)

See you there,
The wplug Planning Group | Meeting Committee | Monkeybot | zman | Executive
Board | Tux the flying penguin | Jay and Silent Bob

Disclaimer: Jay and Silent Bob did not actually sign this nor did they
endorse it.  Please don't sue me View Askew!