Revision as of 05:56, 26 April 2017 by Vance (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Venue Info

Meeting to be held at IBM Squirrel Hill at 7:30pm on Tuesday, March 21st, 2017.


  • List your item here
  • List your item here
  • List your item here


The regular meeting of the WPLUG Board of Directors was held on March 21st, 2017, at 7:30pm, at IBM Squirrel Hill.


  • Vance Kochenderfer (Chair)
  • Joseph Prostko (Vice Chair - by phone)
  • Pat Barron (Secretary)
  • Justin Smith (Director at Large - by phone)

Not attending:

  • Terry Golightly (Treasurer)

The meeting was called to order at 7:44pm

Approval of minutes:

No one requested that the minutes of the previous meeting be read; the minutes were adopted as posted.

Reports of officers:

Chair: Nothing to report.

Vice chair: Nothing to report; did mention that he's been getting contacted by an individual requesting that a change be made to a posting in the wplug-erie mailing list archives to change a link in a posted message - the consensus is that no change will be made.

Secretary: WPLUG currently has 10 members, one due to expire through the end of March, three due to expire in April.

Treasurer: As of February 28th, the checking account balance is $325.47. There are no transactions pending or on the statement.

Director at large: Nothing to report.

Reports of committees:

Event committee: Ted Rodgers has been in contact with Vance to do a presentation on PXE booting, but is still fighting with some of the hardware he's dealing with, so there is no specific date yet. When a date is available, Vance will check with Pat to try to get space at IBM to hold the presentation, and have some time to promote it.

Technology committee: Nothing to report.

Investigating committee: Nothing to report.

Marketing and Communications committee: Nothing to report.

New business:

Pat offered a motion to remove the requirement that a director of WPLUG be a member of WPLUG (Justin seconded). After debate, the motion was adopted unanimously.

Vance discussed the finalized WPLUG steward job description, and the list of questions to ask potential candidates, asked if anyone had any further comments or changes. We want to get this published as soon as possible. Vance has a list of places to post the job description, and anyone else can post it elsewhere as well.

Joe asked if there has been any work to consolidate our physical assets. Vance indicated that no such work has been done to date, and this must occur before the handover to the steward.

Old business:


The meeting was adjourned @ 8:08pm

(Minutes approved on April 25, 2017 - VK)