Monday, February 4, 2008, 7:00 PM
3001 Newell-Simon Hall, CMU
- Reading and Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
- Officer Reports
- Vice Chair
- Member at Large
- Committee Reports
- Public Relations
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
The regular meeting of the Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group Board of Directors was held February 4, 2008 at 3001 Newell-Simon Hall, Carnegie Mellon University. The regular presiding officer called the meeting to order at 7:10 PM and noted that a quorum was not present.
- Vance Kochenderfer moved that when the meeting adjourns, it adjourn to meet at 7:00 PM on February 5, 2008. The motion was adopted.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM.
- To be added
meeting was called to order at 7:27PM
1. Reading and Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
The meeting were approved as corrected.
2. Officer Reports 1. Chair
2. Vice Chair
- Will contact PR department of Goodwill
- No mailbox key yet
- Offered help in contacting PTC for event promotion
- Did not resolve Pat Barron's membership issue
- A directory on the new wplug server was created for membership roles it's location is /home/board/membership
- $326 cash on hand, some will be deposited in the bank account
- checking account balance as of December 31, 2007 was $519.38
- we have an ATM/Debit account for Western PA Linux User's Group. Dave has this card in his possession
- This card will be used to pay for the internet server account
- Dave reported he gave Ted $20 for purchase of a new key. The key cost $6. Ted paid the post office $6 and the key was ordered.
- Dave reported we have a bill from the post office $70 for 12 months of post office box rental. A motion was made to renew the PO box. The motioned carried.
5. Member at Large
3. Committee Reports 1. Program
2. Public Relations
- Dave has assumed the role of PR chair.
- IRC and/or in-person meeting will be held some time in February 2008
- Dave requested funds for a 2008 WPLUG pamphlet. A motion was made to spend $100 on pamphlet printing costs.
- Working on moving the mailing lists over
- setup planet.wplug.org for RSS wplug related news
- Investigating method for online surveys. Vance advised Mike to ask Patrick Wagstrom for online survey advice.
- move DNS for wplug to Linode
Due to winter weather, ErieLUG has not yet met in 2008. John "Mike" Rice will co-manage the wplug-erie mailing list. The revival committee has not yet met.
4. Unfinished Business
5. New Business
We should take down the http://www.wplug.org/membership form in favor of directly contacting the secretary for membership application. Future web form possibilities were discussed. The online bylaws need to be amended to reflect the new membership quorum requirement of 10 members or 1/5 of the membership (whichever is smaller).
Adjourned at 8:42pm