Jump to: navigation, search

Monday, August 20th, 2007, 7:30 PM


  1. Minutes from Previous Meeting
  2. Officer Reports
    1. Chair - Patrick Wagstrom
    2. Vice Chair - Vance Kochenderfer
    3. Secretary - Bill Moran
    4. Treasurer - Mike Hansell
    5. Member at Large - Beth Lynn Eicher
  3. Committee Reports
    1. Program
    2. Public Relations
    3. Internet
    4. Investigating
    5. Newsletter
    6. ErieLUG
  4. Unfinished Business
  5. New Business

Items for Discussion

  • discussion about meeting 8th -- meeting structure
    • wplug board recruits

Meeting Minutes

Meeting called to order 7:53pm - Everyone but Bill. Patrick via phone.

  1. Chair
    1. Not much going on, followed up with previous communications
  2. Vance
    1. Couple of emails, one from someone at Sun -- learn about updates on Solaris 10
    2. Another email from Exectrain Pittsburgh -- allows them to put together official RHEL classes
      1. Willing to give official discounts to members
      2. Go ahead for Vice Chair to explore and send out periodic emails about this
  3. Secretary
    1. remind him to send out the emails detailing membership status
  4. Treasurer - $531.89 in Eureka
    1. Nothing about hosting service
  5. Member at Large - Beth Lynn
    1. Gave Ubuntu presentation
    2. Penpal Relationship between Anchorage, AK LUG
      1. Beth will send out email to general WPLUG email list
    3. Look for Tux penguin at Airport
  6. Program
    1. Bryan Smith -- possible IP tables presentation
    2. Contact Mark Darlrymple
    3. Newell Simon sewage damage
      1. Coffee maker, popcorn machine, switch, etc needed to be thrown away
      2. Need cups, napkins, etc -- Picnic stuff was in a cardboard box, was flooded out
      3. We have a list of things of what we're missing - believe that the nametags were also trashed
    4. Contact Greg Akins about getting reimbursed for Donuts
    5. Voted to allocate $50 for Speaker gifts, $20 for other random gifts
      1. Vance will order CafePress
      2. Patrick will look into Swag
      3. Patrick will make announcement about nametags
      4. Take $20 and obtain some good prizes
  7. PR
    1. Dealing with Dave Kraus about Software Freedom Day
    2. Mike Hansell will do activities fair
    3. Patrick Wagstrom will handle OLF
    4. Get room for November Installfest for SFD brochures
    5. LPI Group is moving along -- going well for OLF
  8. Internet
    1. Beth Lynn has failed to Contact anyone from the committee
    2. Patrick will follow up with Mike Semcheski about servers
    3. Current situation is that it's becoming more difficult to access the system
  9. Investigating
    1. Proceeding
  10. ErieLUG
    1. No real activity related to WPLUG we need to act on
  11. NewsLetter
    1. Been sent 5 or 6 books
    2. Needs some submissions for newsletter