Jump to: navigation, search

Monday, June 25, 2007, 7:30 PM


  1. Minutes from Previous Meeting
  2. Officer Reports
    1. Chair - Patrick Wagstrom
      1. Upcoming Meetings
    2. Vice Chair - Vance Kochenderfer
    3. Secretary - Bill Moran
    4. Treasurer - Mike Hansell
    5. Member at Large - Beth Lynn Eicher
  3. Committee Reports
    1. Program
    2. Public Relations
    3. Internet
      1. Virtual Private Server Issues
    4. Investigating
    5. Newsletter
    6. ErieLUG
  4. Unfinished Business
  5. New Business
    1. Increasing membership

Items for Discussion

  • Your thoughts here

Meeting Minutes

Call to order at 7:45, all members attending

  1. Meeting minutes for May approved with minor edits
  2. Officer Reports
    1. Chair
      1. For the July 14th meeting: company called SDG systems: talk about replacement ROMs for devices like Palm Treos. Cool talk about embedded stuff.
      2. Aug 11th is still a go for installfest.
      3. It is important to start getting things in order for board transition. What can we do to improve the transition this year?
      4. PTC should be sending us stuff about Summer Slam. They don't seem to be hesitant about working with us as they have in the past. Best to tell folks to rsvp directly to pghtech.org.
    2. Vice Chair
      1. Thanks to Brian Seklecki for putting together the last minute talk for the GUM.
    3. Secretary
      1. We currently have 34 members in good standing.
    4. Treasurer
      1. As of June 29: $517.89 in bank account
      2. Last expenditure was $20 to Vance to reimburse for prizes
      3. Beth still has some Treasurer stuff that she needs to pass on to Mike
      4. Mike's name needs to be added to the bank account
    5. Member at large
      1. An issue was raised and referred to the investigating committee
  3. Committee reports
    1. Programming
      1. July 14, SDG systems Dave Kraus is setting it up
      2. Working with Michael Skowvren to reschedule his talk
      3. It's good for speakers to have cell # of program committee members in case of emergency and vice-versa
      4. Aug 5 picnic: Snider park is reserved. We'll do the wiki signup for bringing stuff.
      5. Aug 11 installfest: coding dojo will be there. We have 120 Ubuntu CDs. Beth tentatively to do installation walkthrough.
      6. Summer Slam: Patrick to spam list && create WPLUG signup list.
      7. Barcamp:-> Nobody seems willing/able to plan such an event (requires a good bit of work). Patrick to send info to Beth, who may know someone who can set it up.
    2. PR
      1. Survey is in holding pattern. Not ready to be launched yet. Vance and Patrick to work on it.
      2. TiE wants to push stuff back to October
      3. Doing CD giveaway for software freedom day in September. Would be nice to get copies of the open cD that are professionaly presse - Vance to start a page on the Wiki.
    3. Internet
      1. Linode, looks like a good deal. Their AUP does not seem to prohibit IRC bots. They'll waive the setup fee because we're a LUG. We can have up to 3 email addys for billing contact. We'll need a credit card to pay.
      2. Erie LUG has moved their page back to ErieLUG.org, we've created a redirect
    4. Investigating
      1. Nothing to report
    5. Newsletter
      1. Nothing to report
    6. ErieLUG
      1. Seems to be moving forward on its own
  4. Unfinished business
    1. Member profiles?: No response from Ted
    2. wplug-bsd mailing will not be migrated to the new serve with other services.
    3. Beth provided Bill with access to wplug-members
    4. IRC session had decent amount of participation. We'd discussed that being semi-regular thing. Would be nice to have planned topics are certian times
      1. Bill will host an IRC session on June 27 with the topic of membership
  5. New business
    1. The board moves to approve $300 for the next year for the internet committee to purchase service from Linode.com for WPLUG internet services. The account must be registered to "The Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group".
      1. This passed unanimously
    2. Appears as if the announcement for the WPLUG site redesign contest was sent only to the board in draft form. Patrick to investigate. This may explain the lack of response.
  6. July meeting moved to July 30, same location at 7:30.
  7. adjourned at 9:45 PM.