WPLUG will have a General User Meeting and presentation on Saturday, May 23, 2015 starting at 3:00pm at HackPittsburgh.
Schedule for the Day
3:00pm - Doors open, set up
3:15pm - Business Meeting starts
3:30pm - Featured presentation
5:00pm - Meeting ends, everyone out.
Title: Copyright Licensing of Free and Open Source Software
Speaker: Vance Kochenderfer
My previous Introduction to Copyright talk covered the basics of copyright law and how it applies to software.
This is a follow-on presentation discussing the most common licenses used for Free and Open Source software, covering items like:
- How they operate within copyright law
- How to apply one to your work
- Why you would want to choose a particular license
- What happens when disputes come up
If you have any questions about licensing, please bring them and I'll try to help. I can't guarantee that you'll get a correct answer, though. :-)
To be added.
If you would like to volunteer to assist with this meeting, please add your name to one or more of the categories below.
- Host: John Lewis
- Co-Host: Justin Smith, Gene Kern
- Setup: John Lewis, Gene Kern
- Clean Up: John Lewis, Gene Kern
- Your name/location here