Handles operation and maintenance of the web server, mailing list, IRC channel, and other network services for the group.
Members: Pat Barron (committee chair), Vance Kochenderfer, Justin Smith, Terry Golightly, Joseph Prostko
Discussion: wplug-internet mailing list
Handles planning and making arrangements for all WPLUG events, including presentations, installfests, and tutorials, except those events assigned to another committee.
Members: Vance Kochenderfer (chair), Pat Barron, Joseph Prostko
Discussion: wplug-plan mailing list
Investigates any disciplinary questions not assigned to special committees.
Members: Nick Schembri (chair), Dave Sevick
Marketing & Communications Committee
Its purpose is:
- To swell the ranks of WPLUG membership.
- To establish and maintain WPLUG's reputation as a key organization for Open Source in western Pennsylvania.
- To maintain a high level of awareness of WPLUG activities with the general public.
- To obtain favorable publicity for WPLUG.
- To establish and maintain contact with other Open Source organizations to coordinate efforts to further the cause of Open Source.
- To publish a monthly newsletter reporting on WPLUG activities
Members: Joseph Prostko (ex-officio as WPLUG Vice-Chair), Pat Barron