Call For Presentations:
Western PA Linux User Group is in search of presentations. This is your opportunity to share your experience with your favorite open source software with the community. Any topic involving the usability of Linux or associated free and open source software is welcome.
What to Present
These topics are not a complete list of what type of presentation we are looking for. Instead, use this list as an idea starter.
- Desktop Environments: GNOME, KDE, XFCE, etc.
- Distribution Demonstrations: Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, FreeBSD, Gentoo, OpenSolaris, etc.
- Multi-platform desktop software: Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, The GIMP
- Services: Web, VoiceOverIP, Databases
- SysAdmin: Backups, working with diverse environments, monitoring, security, change management.
- Programming: Shells, C, Python, Java, Web APIs, development environments, version control.
- Web Based applicatons: Google Apps, webmail, wikis, content management systems, maps.
- Product reviews: hardware, book reports, tools, up and coming projects, tried and true favorites.
- Free Culture and legal: community, open source ideals in practice, licensing
How Long to Present
You should prepare anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes of content in order to leave plenty of time for questions and discussion on your topic.
Facilities for Presenters
A data projector will be provided upon request. Amplification is not provided. Please specify if you would like your presentation recorded (video, audio, opt-out.) Other assistance available upon request.
Express your interest in presenting
Contact email@example.com The events committee chair is BethLynnEicher. Info on who else is on the committee will appear here soon.
We are in search of presenters for the November installfest. After November, we will meet on the Second Saturday of every month through December 2010. If Saturdays do not work for you, please discuss that with the events committee who will work with you to arrange a special event for you to share your topic with the Western PA Linux User Group community.
Please consider publishing your slides under a Creative Commons License. This will allow other user groups to expand on your ideas for the greater good of the open source community. This page itself is published under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Please someone who is Mediawiki savvy, convert this HTML to the right formatting...
<a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/"><img alt="Creative Commons License" style="border-width:0" src="http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by/3.0/us/88x31.png" /></a>
This work is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/">Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License</a>.